proposal: to navigate the material that we have built and gathered over relearn and today, we'll build a xmpp bot (or more than one)
some questions to decide..
- what server do we use to run the bot on?
- are we going to use a web-based xmpp client?
- or link to an external web-based xmpp client, like https://jwchat.org/ so we use that server ?
- are we fine with the fact that registering an account is necessary with xmpp (& not with irc) ? i think so because it only requires a login/password. yes
proposal: have multiple bots yes!
type of materials:
# crossed out text (e.g. bot serving all the paths that weren't taken in the end)
- # bot based on 'concrete' textual elements (so that one doesn't need to translate the pad (?)
- # quotes (e.g. inspirational bot that serves quotes found in quote symbols in the pad)
parenthesis bot (quite self-explanatory (?)
oral histories bot: you add it as a friend and it asks you questions ('what was the most upsetting moment?', 'Your favourite file?') Answers are sourced anonymously and used as output for other moments
cake recipes, ingredient substitutions
feed me-bot: give cake unicode character (http://graphemica.com/characters/tags/cake) and get answer: Cake: food with a taste dominated by a particular class of chemicals extracted from certain intensively grown plants heavily extracted through the use of slave and indentured labor during the history, continuing in the present day, of oppressive imperial/colonial regimes of Europe and North America, chemicals that produce mild feelings of euphoria, as well as increased risk of diabetes and obesity in those who consume it; food with a pleasanty soft texture and a slight resistance on the tougue, often delivered to recipients in exchange for money or as a "gift" under conditions of oppression, including gender inequality in the home, unequal labor relations, and/or in celebration of friendship, collectivity, or as a memorial of certain significant life events, especially those which are involved in reproducing gendered domestic relationships, such as birth and marriage; especially in the context of food consumption following a meal, often in excess of necessary nutritional intake, and conferring pleasure and a feeling of satisfaction. (from http://192.168.73.188:9001/p/not-so-indexed)
- translate the materials listed http://complex.local:9001/p/not-so-indexed to something that can be served by a bot.. (excerpts of texts read or conversations, links to images, sentences.. )
- draw type of interactions (question/answer, responding to specific words, type of annoyances to users that enter in the room...)
- write a bot (there are notes here: http://192.168.73.188:9001/p/xmpp_carousel )
- think about the connection between website & bot and write intro to the bot
to run a bot, you could use the firstname.lastname@example.org account:
- $ python cake-bot.py -j email@example.com -p entrepot -m firstname.lastname@example.org
- $ python cake-bot.py -j email@example.com -p entrepot -m firstname.lastname@example.org
formats to write in so the bot would interact:
theory and practice bot! (in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice) (in practice, there is no difference between theory and practice)
if you have more bots, after some given answers they could ask each other if they agree. yes nice multiple perspectives, pessimistic/optimistic etc
if you have more bots, you need to approach all of them to get deeper into the archive
have the possibility to feed the question/answer pads later on, with simple commands
bots introducing random/specific members of the community (can ask for introduction by skills, countries, languages, cities, etc)
vocabularies/lexical fields : proposing to use new words - help to expand vocabularies, stories, relations